Monday, December 24, 2012

Your Questions About Oil Rig Jobs

How can I get a Job on an oil rig?

Just wondering if anyone here who has ACTUALLY WORKED on an oil rig has any suggestions. I have no prior experience. took a training course for doing this type of work, got like 12 certs. Still no one seems to be willing to hire anyone without prior experience. Seems at some point they would need to take a chance and hire someone without prior experience as current workers will get old and retire. I have been applying for floorhand positions online. have been to general job boards and industry specific job boards like rigzone.com… although last time i was on rigzone, they wouldn’t even let me create a profile without prior experience…figures.

Also I have seen all those “agencies” that you pay money to and they send your resume out to drilling contractors. Not sure if i’m buying that, as most of those types of sites are just looking to make a quick buck and send your resume to places you could probably find on the job boards…..has anyone used any of those succesfully?

any ideas on how to get my foot in the door? I am open to working on or off shore, lowest starting position, any work schedual, any where in the world.



View the Original article

0 comments:

Post a Comment